While we still have a month until spring arrives, the warm days in Naples, Florida have me craving light, green veggie-filled meals and yummy salads. Since bikini weather is quickly approaching (along with a bestie’s bachelorette party!), I like to change my diet to reflect the season . It’s time to put away the crockpot and eat for spring!
This zucchini pesto “pasta” recipe is filled with green veggies and healthy fats that keep you satiated and energized for an active day. Best of all? This delicious recipe is raw, vegan, low carb, gluten free, and paleo friendly – suitable for most diets! This is a go-to meal for me because it is fast, light and tasty. I like to gobble it up for quick lunch or share it with friends at a BBQ (make extra—it’s always a hit)!
- 2 large zucchinis
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 large bunches of basil (approx. 1 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs pine nuts or chopped almonds
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Use a julienne peeler or spiralizer to create zucchini “noodles.”
- In a food processor or blender, blend avocado, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to create the pesto sauce. If sauce is too thick to blend, add in 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Mix pine nuts or chopped almonds into pesto sauce.
- Toss zucchini noodles and halved cherry tomatoes with pesto sauce and garnish with basil.